Research Work Experience
Argonne National Laboratory, United States 2016.09 - present
Postdoctoral Appointee, Advisor: Rajkumar Kettimuthu, Mentor: Sven Leyﬀer
- Building robust analytic models for science at extreme scales
- Modeling, simulating & optimizing for large data transfers over wide area networks– Simulating to explain the behavior of scientiﬁc workﬂows over a distributed infrastructure.
- Designing cyberinfrastructure for on-demand scientiﬁc experiment data analysis.
- Architecture, methods, and algorithms to support self-tune and self-manage science ecosystems.
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain 2013.09 - 2016.08
Research Fellow, PhD candidate, Advisor: Emilio Luque
- Modeling & simulating hospital emergency department using HPC and agent-based model.
- Modeling & simulation for healthcare operations management.
- Healthcare system operation data analysis and population aging study.
- Model veriﬁcation, model parameters calibration and model validation.
- Optimization, Parallel programming, Agent-based modeling and simulation.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Tennessee, U.S.A. 2015.12 - 2016.04
Visiting Researcher, Host: Kalyan S. Perumalla
- Performance modeling, veriﬁcation and validation for scientiﬁc simulation on multi-GPU clusters.
- Developed a framework template for eﬃcient simulation on multi-GPU and multi-Core clusters.
- Designed and developed a large-scale vehicle evacuation simulator on GPUs using CUDA.
- Implemented an earthquake wave propagation model on multiple GPUs using CUDA.
Northwestern Polytechnical University, Xi’an, China 2006.09 - 2013.09
- Designed and developed a rapid control prototype and testbed system for designing drones.
- Design and implement ﬂight control algorithms on real-time embedded control systems.
- Developed a distributed, hardware-in-the-loop interactive simulation system for ﬁxed-wing drone.
- Learned and earned collaborative leadership.
- Six-Degree-of-Freedom ﬂight dynamics model of ﬁxed-wing drone.
Engineering Work Experience
Software Engineer (Part-time) 2010.05 – 2013.06 | Xi’an FengLiTong Electronic CO. LTD
Application development on an ARM Cortex-M3 with μC/OS-II platform. More specifically, I was in charge of:
μC/OS-II real-time operating system porting and public library development;
USB driver and filesystem development for pen-drive drive in order to export historical records from the embedded device to an USB drive, and load configuration files and system firmware from the USB drive;
OTA (On The Air technology) firmware upgrade, this subsystem handles the firmware upgrade request from the client side. It includes request and download firmware data from server and flash embedded device itself with new firmware (through In Application Program);
Reliable communication via GSM network (GPRS);
GPS module driver developing and location data parsing.
Backend software development of a communication server for millions of embedded devices, on Linux.
This server works as a bridge for terminal devices and users, terminal devices report their real time information each minute (or even 15 seconds) and some unpredictable alarm events.
The server needs to receive, store these information, and push subscribed events to user’s client.
The users also can send some control and query requests to terminal devices through their clients, and the server needs to push these requests to the corresponding terminals and handle responses from the terminals. This service program runs on a distributed system.
Product (Outsourcing Service) 2010.09 – 2013.07
Graphic HMIs (Human Machine Interfaces) based integrated power management for ambulances. This power management system consist of two parts, user-side HMIs and command executing embedded device. The main challeng includes high reliability, and PCB layout due to heavy current and high power. In this project, my work include embedded hardware design and firmware development, i.e., from customer’s requirements to the final production.
I cooperated with the company directly to design a temperature control and management system for machine tool’s cooling oil. This embedded system was based on a 8051 MCU, system hardware includes sensors, user function keys, and display; software includes user operation response, sensor data processing and control logic.